Monday, September 5, 2011

No 'Come Tomorrow'


It’s been a few days since I stepped off that plane and rushed towards those familiar faces with warm smiles. I love being at home; it’s a good place to be, minus the daily routine of waking up early. I’ve been so busy running around the city with frequent trips to the bank (I have a guy who totally hates going to the bank for a father), old college and everywhere around. I practically serve as a personal secretary to my dad. I hardly have time to meet friends except for a few who came to visit and those I met today at Mizoram University. Turns out my B.A. mark was tallied incorrectly and guess what? I discovered the mistake only a few months ago, it’s been over two years since I got my mark sheet and I, as disoriented as I can be at times never in all those two years took the time to sit down and do the calculation. It was at a job interview some time back that I realized the mistake. I was sitting there waiting for the interview, unable to think of anything better to do I started flipping through my mark sheet and that was when it hit me all of a sudden. Baaaam!!! I admit I’m horrible at math; even so, I can do such simple addition. So I went on a small trip today to pay a visit to those people who are possibly worse than me in math. And Oh My God! The campus is so damn far and again Oh My God! The road is so bumpy and horrible in all ways. I actually started cursing the driver in my head, then the state govt. and then on to the central govt., Mr. Who Ever Is Responsible, these people go all the way there every day to sit for a few hours of class and the least you can do is build them a nice, smooth road and allow them to at least doze off on the way to make the travel seem shorter.
The office stuffs were surprisingly nice. Maybe it was the realization that they couldn’t do a class 1 standard math problem correctly, maybe the realization was too overwhelming that they easily faked being nice and helpful, or maybe they really are nice, polite people who simply made a mistake. I went there prepared for a ‘come tomorrow’, which I’m used to by now after two years at my university. There, it’s almost as if it is impossible to get something done in a day. Glad I could finish whatever needed to be done today itself. I have a new mark sheet which has a ‘FIRST CLASS’ stamped on it and it smiles back a little every time I stare at it. Its way due but it feels just as good.
Please Mr. Who Ever Is Responsible, fix their road, they are nice people who didn’t give me the ‘come tomorrow’.

1 comment:

  1. I knew it, I knew it!!! I have read this before,khoi atang nge ka hre tohlo, ka lo ring ve deuh top che, haha, Im a genius, you write good bebeh, continue raaah. Change your template maybe, though? Chhiar a tihar deuha

    ReplyDelete